Monday, September 10, 2007

Obligatory Opening Football Week Post

I can't believe I'm about to write about football, but here goes.

OK, OK, I like the start of football season. Why? 'Cause it means that hockey season is only a month away. That and we get to see coaches bust arteries in their heads when things don't go right.

So how bad is it to be a sports fan in Western New York right now? If you saw the absolute "Why don't you just kick me in the balls while you're at it?!" way that the Bills lost to the Broncos yesterday, you would know. By the way: 15-14?! Come on! Score some points, dammit! I know some people might disagree with me, but I don't care about defense! More points, please. Or cause more turnovers. Those are fun...

But speaking as a Western New Yorker forced to follow the Bills...hockey season can't come fast enough. GO SABRES!

So, did anybody else find it strange that the entertaining games were Detroit-Oakland and Giants-Cowboys? Especially the latter?

I have to admit, I kinda started to hate myself while watching Chicago-San Diego. That game would've been more entertaining if it was Cubs at Padres instead of Bears at Chargers.

The new Minus The Bear album "Planet of Ice" is pretty awesome. Probably not the album to start with if you're getting into the band - their previous album ("Menos el Oso") is your best bet there - but pick up the new one after that. One bear claw up

DOOMED!

No comments: